Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Babybel's Boheme

Ah, see, I said there would be baby knitting coming up! On the eve of Isabel's first birthday (I know, already? Where did the year go?), Boheme for my Babybel:

DSC_0195

Yarn: Jo Sharp classic DK wool in orange-red. Buttons: Vintage yellow ones that I picked up at a yarn store a while back.

DSC_0197

Pattern: Boheme (Ravelry linky). Needles: US 6. Size: 18 months (hoping she can wear it over a longsleeve onesie this winter).

DSC_0199

Verdict: Great little pattern! I'd knit this again, no questions asked. Easy, NO seams, cute. I modified it by adding a 6 stitch garter edge on the button and buttonhole edges so it wouldn't curl and adding an 8 row garter stitch edge along the bottom too. I think I also knit it a bit shorter than called for.

So, no real birthday plans for her tomorrow. I do need to get a cake or something though so we have the cake face pics :).

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

It's wonderful! How did she get to be one???

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

So cute! What a great sweater.

And I can't believe she's one already! (Well, almost. :) ) Happy birthday Babybel!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

I love the orange! Didn't you just have this baby? That wasn't a year ago?

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Susann said...

I can't believe she's one already! The sweater is adorable.
I had to giggle about Babybel though, it's a cheese here.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Aww she's too cute! Happy Birthday! Love the sweater! Perfect timing too, I just started one, I like your mods a lot! :)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Marcy said...

Nice! Such a big girl!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

OH, so cute! What a year, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home