Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Year Socks

So, while I definitely haven't been knitting nearly as much as I had pre-baby, I still knit. I think, I can't help it. I love it. Even just plain old socks. In fact, I think I might love plain old socks the most. The simplicity, the fact that I can knit them without a pattern, without looking, the turn of the heel still feeling like an act of magic in a way.

Socks persist. In a good way. I have a drawer full for me now, so I tend to knit them for my loved ones more now.

DSC_0215

These are in Trekking Pro Natura (that Mags gave me for my birthday a while back, thank-you Mags!) made for my dad. I haven't knit socks for him yet, but I know he'll like them. Merry late Christmas, or happy new year socks for dad.

DSC_0220

And, for Isabel. I knit her a ton of baby socks. But, now, she's grown out of most of them. These, and the rainbow ones to match the rainbow baby leggies are the only ones that really fit. Babies. They grow! Fast! Knit with Scout's Swag Orchid yarn. Oh, for a 6-9 month baby sock? CO 40 sts on size 2 needles with sock yarn and follow a basic sock recipe making the foot about 3.75 inches long.

Speaking of Isabel,

DSC_0241

She can sit up now. But quickly flops over. And. Bonks her head. Unless I prop her up in this B.oppy pillow (which I never did use for breastfeeding, the My Br.east Friend is MUCH better, still use it actually). She loves books.

This is her Roman Senator pose. Since you guys said you like baby pics, I shall oblige :).

5 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Mag said...

"Let's see now...hmmm I have my books, my butterfly, my quilt and my pillow. What is missing? Oh yes! Barista! Una leche madre por favor!"

Nice socks. I washed a ton of handknit socks yesterday. I love the plain knit ones the best too.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Shall I do a dramatic reading from Hop on Pop?

STOP! You must NOT hop on pop.

A classic!

Knitting for babies is a challenge: they're growing the whole time you're knitting, so it's a race.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

So sad the way they hopped on pop!

Cute baby--but that goes w/out saying!!

I'm loving handknit baby socks. They stay on better.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger peri said...

I can't believe how much she's growm already :)

She's has such a serious face in that picture. Very cute!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

What a cutie pie! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home