Friday, January 23, 2009

A little Friday Handspun

Ah back to the handspun yarn on Fridays? Maybe :). If I can keep up spinning enough. I kind of get distracted by the baby, work, knitting. Now that we have no TV, I also seem to spin less. We watch DVDs in bed, but no more TV downstairs has meant a lot less spinning.

DSC_0793

But, I have finished oh, about 8 or so skeins since Isabel arrived. This one is a 2-ply, heavy worsted weight Corriedale wool. Dyed by Spunky Eclectic, this is the Rosebud colorway, part of the fiber club from last year.

DSC_0795

Already knit! I'll blog the cowl over at HOWR a little later.

DSC_0251

The Orchid socks in action! Matching baby leggings to go with them that I knit before we cancelled TV, when I watched the news obsessively before the election, seriously, hours a night. Hence cancelling TV. It was a bit too much of a time suck.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kaye said...

Ha ha! Wouldn't it be great if we could just easily "cancel" all our vices like that?

Beautiful handspun. I await the write up.

And enjoy those chubby baby legs while you can! Once they start walking, they're all gone :-(

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Love that yarn!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous fiberfool on knitty said...

Lovely handspun!

Baby leggings on chubby baby legs are so cute!! Can I give her a big hug thru space?

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Batty said...

I just can't get over the baby leggings and teeny baby socks! That's just so incredibly cute!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Mag said...

The spin is so good, you should find some excuse to do it more. We dumped the HBO, but I am still attached to the cable for the comedy.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Jen said...

That picture with the stockinged baby is the cutest! Nice job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home