Monday, September 08, 2008

One Month.

Well, one month and a few days. But I've been a mom for a bit more than a month. So far its been good. Hard sometimes, all new, and good mostly. I'm not going to get all philosophical about motherhood yet :). Isabel has grown a lot already I feel like!

This morning:

DSC_0830

Its getting chilly in the nights and mornings now. So she's wearing a sweater my friend Guro in Norway knitted for her. Perfect! Fall is coming, I'm getting really happy that Isabel is going to be the Warmest Baby in New Mexico with all the beautiful handknits.

She's still sleeping a good amount during the days:

DSC_0833

I think it must be tiring being a baby, everything new and stimulating. So much to take in!

In little Koigu shoes that Laura made:

DSC_0756

I did finish a pair of socks I started after Isabel was born! Trekking, mmm. Then, started a matching pair for her in the leftovers. This baby is going to need lots of handknit wool socks to get her through the winter I think!

I'm being horrible at commenting right now on everyone else's blogs. I'm reading, trying to keep up, but commenting is one of the things that is falling by the wayside right now with the baby and all. Oh! I almost forgot...if you get Spin Off magazine, or get a chance to look at the new Fall 2008 issue, check out my Baby Surprise Jacket that's in there!

15 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

SO CUTE! And yes, she is certainly one of the most well dressed and warm babies out there. =D

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

A month already? That's insane!

She's gorgeous, hon. Really. I see a lot of you in her already.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Happy one month!!

I just got the new Spin off and tossed it to the side. And then knocked a zillion things to the floor when I read you have a BSJ in there! It's gorgeous! Still too much garter stitch for me though. :)

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger GURO said...

Darn, now I want a Twinkle (bot kinds) too. She's so cute! And time flies, before you know it she'll be loosing teeth and starting school...

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! What Guro said!! Squeeze her tight and enjoy the moment!

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

those koigu shoes are just too adorable for words.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Time to make her EZ's "Nether Garments" -- the September project in 'Knitters Almanac'! She's looking great...how's she interacting with your animals?

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Oh my goodness, baby feet! Love them :)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awww, love her handknits! She's so cute! Congrats on Spin Off, hope to see it soon.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Baby and handknits... she is beautiful, cute, and utterly lovable.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Marcy said...

Ah, I love the translucent skin of the new baby. What a beauty!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I'm making ridiculous talking to baby noises over here. I like to think I'm good at that. I wonder if she can hear me.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

A month already! She's incredibly cute, and definitely going to be the warmest baby in the cutest handknits this winter!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

I think everyone knows you've got a big project going on and don't have energy for commenting. And that project has grown, a lot. It is sure tiring making all those cells split and grow and split and grow again! Then there's all that air to get used to.

The jacket is perfect on her.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Laura said...

she's a keeper. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home