Friday, July 25, 2008

Muted Brights Handspun Sock Yarn

Spun from the fleeces I had processed at Spinderella's! Spun from this fiber, which I blogged about on The House of Wool Repute already.

DSC_0260

The light wasn't perfect this morning, the yarn appears a lot more mellow that in actually is. But, it really did mellow out a lot when I plied the singles together

DSC_0291

Dyed with four packets of grape KoolAid and six packets of lemon KoolAid. I did a normal 2-ply, adding a bit more twist into both the singles and the plying than I would if I was spinning a yarn for knitting baby clothes or lace.

DSC_0297

I finished a pair of socks last night, so tonight I'll wind these skeins into cakes and cast on for a pair with this yarn. I'm curious to see how my super-slapdash dye job ends up looking knitted. Plus, I need a new pair of socks for distraction and taking in the car, labor...all that :).

DSC_0296

Specs: The bump pre-dyeing was about 150g. I didn't weight the finished yarn this morning because it was still damp from last nights bath.

Approximately 350 m/380 yds of a fingering weight sock yarn total.

Have an excellent weekend everyone! No big plans here, unless baby decides its time :).

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous LCinSunnySoCal.wordpress.com said...

Oh, Lordy! That's spectacular. I want to knit myself some pajamas from it!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Sarah, you're teasing us! Every time your name lights up on my bloglines, I come racing in to see if there are baby pictures :)

The yarn is lovely!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

It's very pretty! It's going to make a lovely pair of socks. HOpefully you'll get to work on them very soon. *crosses fingers for baby baking to be done soon.*

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

It is pretty. It always amazes me how Kool Aid really does do such a good job of dyeing yarn (in the right hands obviously!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home