Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Art Fibers Alfabeto Scarf

Last year, Tania gave me a skein of Art Fibers Alfabeto yarn. Lovely Fall colors, and 76% silk, 14% mohair, 250 yds. Shiny AND fuzzy!

DSC_0016

The skein hung around on my yarn table with the handspun for a while, until I grabbed it and packed it for the last trip to Michigan in case I needed another project. I had already packed Victorian Lace Today so I could finish Lisa's wedding shawl on the plane.

DSC_0020

After finishing the shawl, a pair of baby socks, starting a pair of socks for Nate, and knitting the baby dress and bolero, I cast on for this scarf during the last few days of the trip.

DSC_0042

I browsed through VLT, deciding on using the edging from this (yes its a Ravelry link) pattern for the scarf. I simply used the diamond edging, adding a scalloped edge to the side on the scarf that was designed to be flat in the center of the original scarf so it would match the other edge.

DSC_0044

The scarf was a quick knit, I worked on it once in a while over the last few weeks. The pattern was pretty intuitive once I had worked a few repeats and made for pleasant knitting.

DSC_0033

I'm happy with the end result, I think it will be a nice Fall accessory. Right now its getting stashed in the closet until a little chill in the air arrives.

6 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Corrina said...

That is really beautiful. And very lovely pictures!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Very nice.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very pretty! I love the blue sky too.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger knottygnome said...

it looks lovely! i love the pointiness of the edges.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful! Love all the pictures!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful scarf! I love your pictures of knitting in nature, just beautiful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home