Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weddings and showers and knitting oh my!

Ah so, this long hiatus from blogging. Well, Spring chores around the microfarm, knitting a wedding shawl for Nate's sister Lisa, taking a trip to Michigan for the wedding and a baby shower, working on the baby preparations (sort of), growing a baby, all so busy.

But. I did finish this shawl. Lisa's wedding shawl. (huh, the pic quality here sucks unless you click on the pictures for some reason, so click for the real pics)



Knit with Misti Alpaca Baby Laceweight yarn, about 2.5 skeins total. Knit with US 5 needles.



Pattern, "The Victoria Shawl" from Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby.



I think it turned out lovely. I was happy to give it to Lisa the morning of the wedding.



The wedding was beautiful, all went well and the weather was good, always a risk when planning an outdoor wedding in Michigan!

So, I started this shawl at the beginning of March. I finished grafting the edging together on the descent into Detroit on the plane and blocked it the night before the wedding on the bedroom floor. Nothing like a deadline, eh?

All is well with the microfarm, the babies, my baby (coming soon!), I just haven't had time to blog as much. But, I did finish a bunch of adorable baby knits, and have been showered with lovely baby handknits from friends that I need to share, so I'll be around more now.

8 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Soo said...

That is beautiful!!! Lucky sister!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

Oh wow that is very beautiful. When I get married, will you make ME one? *giggle*

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Beautiful! Very lucky sister indeed. And heirloom already!

Yes, incubating is tiresome. But good practice for the tiredness to come I suppose.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger peri said...

Beautiful - what a lucky bride.

Yeah - get rest now!!!! Growing bugwugs is tiring enough but being a 'mom' is even more tiring at first.....I'm still tired 11 years on :-D

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

Lovely wedding shawl!
A family heirloom for sure.

Hey, I'd rather imagine you napping than posting here.
:-)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Lovely wedding shawl! Lucky sister.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

That is a beautiful shawl!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is such a lovely shawl - a really beautiful heirloom. The bride must have been thrilled.

Glad to hear all's well on the microfarm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home