Thursday, June 19, 2008

Baby Knitting Cuteness.

I love baby knitting. In fact, I don't know why I haven't CO for another baby thingy yet...hmmm.

Here are the latest:

DSC_1325
The Duchess Dress from Louisa Harding's Enchanted Garden book. Knit in the 6-12 month size, with Dream in Color Classy yarn, Ruby River colorway. Love the pattern. LOVE the yarn. Love the finished result.

Knit on sizes 6, 7, and 8 US needles, this little dress took exactly one skein of the Classy. So, given that I had bought two skeins, I looked in the book and found another project to knit with the other.

DSC_1343
This is the little Iced Gem bolero/cardigan from the same book. Also the 6-12 month size, knit with the same yarn and US 7 and 8 needles.

Amazingly, this also took exactly one skein of the Classy. I ended up with about 4 yds total left over from both skeins and both projects after seaming. Awesome.

Back of dress:
DSC_1334

Cardigan detail:

DSC_1345
This week is 34 weeks. Wow. I think I need to really get on working around the house to get ready. Maybe tonight I should start cleaning out the yarn/fiber room. Or the guest room. Hmm. Or pack that all important bag I've been hearing about.

6 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

So Cute! You're going to have the best-dressed baby anywhere.

Yes, pack the bag. But don't sweat it about the rest of it.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

They call that the nesting instinct. Go with it I say, just don't go moving any furniture on your own.

Awwwwwww! The dress and sweater are the most perfect little things. Literally brought tears to my eyes thinking of the little girl wearing them. (Yeah, I'm hormonal too, but it's the other kind. ;-)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh yeaaaah. I'm a sucker for those lacy knit baby dresses with the ribbon ties. Very cute!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Oh so cute!!! You will have the best dressed baby :)

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That sounds like "nesting" to me ;) You must be getting very excited now, not long to go!

The knits are incredibly cute. What a well dressed baby you'll have.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

So very cute Sarah! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home