Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pretty Pinky Purple Polwarth

It had been a while since I'd sat down with the wheel and some wool, so a couple of nights ago I pulled out the dyed Polwarth sliver that I picked up at Birkeland Brothers in Vancouver.


I love the softness of the Polwarth, it makes me happy I bought a pound of undyed to play with.


The purple dye on this batch wasn't exhausted, after a wash in Eucalan, the wash water was so purple, I had to do a vinegar rinse. Now it seems set. I Navajo plied the single and ended up with a nice worsted weight yarn.


Of course, I did buy the roving with the intent of knitting something for the baby with it, pinks and purples...


Oh yeah, that white stuff, a dusting of snow! Yep, even though the grass is greening up nicely, and the tulips are poking out of the ground, the white is still falling. It was practically a blizzard on my drive to Durango yesterday!

7 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

That's goregous! Kind of the color of a stormy sky.

It was 75 here today. I'd kill for that dusting of snow you have there!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

wonderful yarn!

I'll have to try some Polwarth sometime.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger peri said...

Lovely!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

Beautiful!

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Stariel said...

It's really beautiful - you're such an amazing spinner!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Beautiful yarn! I have trouble waiting for the dye to exhaust. I want my yarn and I want it now!

It snowed there?! The weather here was gorgeous: 70+ degrees today and so so sunny. Wonderful!

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's very pretty.

Snow in April - wow. We had our last frost in early March. April was just wet, wet, wet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home