Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Handspun

Spunky Eclectic, March 2008 Fiber Club selection, "Mud Season". Merino top, 2-plied.


Again, I'm loving the fiber club idea! Not necessarily colors I would have picked out for myself, but I can't help but love the final yarn.


I spun this yarn fairly thin as singles, but interestingly, it really shortened in length, and widened in girth when I washed it. A full 25% of the original length was transformed into extra poof. Originally, this looked like a laceweight (albeit, on the heavier side) 2-ply. Washed, it definitely falls into the fingering weight category.


110g/3.9 oz, 304 yds. Spun more of a short draw technique, then 2-plied back on itself from a center pull ball.

Now, click on over to the House of Wool Repute for the pics of our new fiber pets...you won't be sorry!

8 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Ooh - that's PRETTY!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger merlinthecat said...

I love those colors! Hand-dyed merino does that to me too after I wash it :)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Just beautiful. I think you very well may be the bestest spinner in my world.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love the name of that yarn/roving.

I saw your new family additions--too cute!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger peri said...

Lovely spinning....as usual. Wonderful that is has 'extra poof' - I spat cover on my keyboard at that!! My mind works in strange ways sometimes.

Am soooooooo jealous of Ben & Jerry - if we'd got to Fair Isle we wanted to llama and alpaca - now I just have to make do with going to the local alpaca place - they have a shearing day on Sunday!

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful handspun!

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Don't know, for some reason, it makes me think of the beach on a not-entirely-sunny day. Very pretty.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I love the colours of that yarn - seaside colours!

Ben & Jerry are fabulous - more fibre spinning opportunities ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home