Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Spinning

Hello Yarn's Adrian dyes some nice fiber, I have to say. Take a look at this:


From 8 oz. of "Red Velvet" dyed Shetland top, I spun two bobbins and plied them together. A standard 2-ply, the final yarn is a heavy worsted or Aran weight, I'm guessing around 400 yds total.


People talk about felted roving, and stuff that needs preparation to spin, well. This was SO easy to spin from the thick hunk of top, it is what I would call a perfectly prepared ready to spin fiber. Thanks Adrian!


Definitely needs to be something for the baby, don't you think?


Things around the microfarm are doing well, I watched Eliza have her lamb this morning. Another healthy, cute little ram lamb! (I'll put some pics on the House of Wool Repute blog I think...) the eggs are in the incubator, and the grass is greening up.


Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

13 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is some seriously beautiful yarn! Wow.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jo said...

That is absolutely gorgeous - I would pick that up in a heartbeat.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very nice! Your little ram is so cute! Go rams! ;-)

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Dan said...

That is lovely yarn, and adding that to all the other cute things being made for the baby, will make for one of the best-dressed in town.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger aija said...

Holy moly... I love the 3rd pic-- the yarn is so smooth not just in character, but laying there!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

OOooh that looks perfectly even too! Beautiful job!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Hey there!

Thanks for checking in! :)
Yes we are all fine just insanely busy! With finals and knitting and spinning and teaching!

Hope all is well on your side!

Wonderful Yarn, as always! Can't wait the "little treasure" you are going to knit from it!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger vanessa said...

lovely yarn!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

Beautiful yarn! I love Adrian's fiber, too. It's amazing.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Porpoise said...

Your gorgeous pix here and on the Hello Yarn group on Ravelry inspired me to get going on my Red Velvet a couple of days ago. What gorgeous stuff! You are right - it almost spins itself.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Hello !

yarn looks god as always!
I need your email addi! :)

Hugs!
spin

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Those are beautiful. Sooo pretty. I want to pet it.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Very pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home