Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Handspun Milan Baby Jacket

Ah yes, the baby knitting continues. Except this one is more like a toddler jacket. Knit again, from the pattern in Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding, the Milan Jacket pattern.


Knit with a 2-ply worsted weight handspun Corriedale wool yarn that I spun a while back...hmmm, Here.


I knit the largest size (18 months) in the book thinking that the little one can get more wear out of it this way. (Oh, the sleeves really are the same length, I just folded them in oddly).


I picked up the green toggle buttons on the trip to MI, at the Artisan Knitworks store, vintage plastic and cute!

I'm really enjoying the baby knitting. In fact, I'm not sure what to cast on next. Something for mindless baby knitting, to take places I think. Because home knitting now really, really needs to be Lisa's wedding shawl until I finish that, before I know it, we'll be heading to MI again.


Things are greening up for Spring here. I love it. I might even have tulips in a week or so...

10 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Laura said...

So very adorable. You make the best yarn! And now you're using it up!

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous LaBean said...

It's great you're using up the handspun you've made. You did a fantastic job knitting this sweater. It's adorable!! Twinkle is a very lucky baby!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

a new abbreviation is in order: TFC!
(too f'in' cute!)

It's good to make the toddler size. You will be amazed at how fast the little Tele-baby zips through the sizes the first year.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Good lord. I love you Sarah, but everytime I come here to see your gorgeous baby handspun knits--I want to buy a wheel and sleep with my husband! D'Oh!

 
At 6:16 PM, OpenID emileeknits said...

Oh Bezzie... I couldn't have said it better.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Dkswife said...

I love your baby knitting!!! I am so excited for you and your hubby!

This baby will be loved like no other :)

Kay

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Not only is it beautiful, it is a really nice (quality) coat. Something that will work well for several little one's toddler years.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh pretty! I love the way it striped. It reminds me of Trekking. Very pretty.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That is wonderful! Lucky baby!

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Beautiful! And such a good idea that you're knitting stuff for when she's older as well.

I have to agree with Magatha that coat really is fabulous, such a nice pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home