Monday, March 03, 2008

Baby Surprise Jacket

So! In addition to the little sockies that I finished last week, this Baby Surprise Jacket (Elizabeth Zimmerman, of course) came off the needles this weekend, and awaits a real live baby to wear it.


Even Nate loved how adorable this one turned out. I used roving I bought at Artisan Knitworks in Grosse Point and spun into a worsted weight 2-ply.


The buttons came from Kristen, some cute little plastic vintage ones in a bluey-teal.


No modifications, just knit as directed!


Now, I'm itching to cast on for something cute from the "Natural Knits for Babies and Moms" book, but instead I started a lace shawl for my sister in law's wedding. Lace, haven't knit that in a while!

I think I'll do a WIP post this week, and try and wrangle some into control.

And a spinning post. I have about 40 skeins of natural colored wools to show off, that sampler spinnig project is done!

11 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Anna Mae said...

Sarah,
The baby sweater is beautiful! You are truly my knitting inspiration.
I've been taken weekly classes at Crafty Lady...I'm afraid my green socks were a disaster. I'm completing a pair of socks on circular needles. I'll send you a pic when they are complete.
Anna Mae

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love the yellow arms--it's almost glowy!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

So so so cute! Awww.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Dkswife said...

Can a baby jacket rock? I hope so, because this one does!

:)

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger GURO said...

Love what the yellow/green does to the whole thing, esp. on the back. It's adorable!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Absolutely Adorable! Excellent use of yarn and pattern. That is the prettiest one of those I have ever seen.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Batty said...

It's so cute and colorful!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

This turned out adorable! Can't wait to see it "in action"! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is just so, so cute. Can't wait to see a baby in it!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger ms. pixie riot said...

That is going to be a seriously well dressed baby. I love everything you've made so far!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Yay for baby!

and the sweater is gorgeous as well.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home