Friday, February 29, 2008

What? Really?

Is that something with actual knitted stitches peeking out of that little bag there?


Yes, yes it is. Knitted baby socks! While my knitting productivity has definitely slowed down lately, baby socks made from sock leftovers are the perfect quick project right now. Simple, fun, adorable, and hopefully practical one day.


These ones are made with the leftovers from my Yarn Pirate Crocus yarn. And dang, if the way the lavender and green stripes are lining up isn't about the cutest baby sock ever, I don't know what is!


These two pairs (tiny, and slightly bigger so that no matter what size this baby comes out there is a pair awaiting) are from Trekking XXL 100, one of my all time favorite sock colorways (in fact, they're on my feet right now).

I'm not really into matchy-matchy clothes, like mom and daughter dresses, or dressing your kids alike. But baby having the same socks as me? I do think that's kind of cute.

6 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

The only thing cuter than baby socks is baby feet!

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger peri said...

I agree with Bezzie - cute sockies ready for pudgy, squidgy little piggies.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Mom/baby socks, that's just too adorable! I'd actually find dressing a baby just like me more than a bit creepy. Not to mention that corsets or business suits would look kind of weird on a kid. But the socks...

I have to go make some baby socks too. One of our friends just had a little girl, and I think she needs some sockies.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

This has me looking forward to the post that tells us about trying to put those socks on those little feeties. Those little feeties have a mind of their own!

....Happy Snickering...

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Dkswife said...

I cannot wait to see the little piggies that will be going into those sox! :)

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I just love the idea of mum & baby socks - and those are very, very cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home