Friday, February 01, 2008

Ahh, Real Live Yarn!

I told you I'd put up some real fibery action soon! Some of the latest January spinning. This is from a big ball of roving I bought in Michigan over the holidays. A roving that was definitely wider, more like a drum carded batt, 80% Coopworth wool, and 20% silk (mostly the little black nubs/noils, but also some of the brighter blue/yellow streaks I think).


I went yarn store hopping with Gretchen for a morning, and we went to a totally cool new yarn shop in Grosse Point, called Artisan Knitworks. The shop is pretty much like a fiber festival in a yarn store. All they sell is small, hand dyed or hand spun yarns, made both locally, and from all over the USA. Pricey, of course. But really nice!


This yarn is a good worsted weight yarn, about 8 oz total. Should be enough for something nice, and maybe cabled?


(See what I mean about waiting for light? I'm still waiting, sun...)

Happy weekend to all!

8 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous miko said...

it's gorgeous! i love the heathered variations. totally gender neutral and very sophisticated!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

PRETTY stuff!!!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I ran out of superlatives for your yarn months ago. Gorgeous! Beautiful! Amazing! repeat as needed.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Very pretty!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh that's pretty! It looks so soft!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lazuli said...

Wow, it's beautiful! I love the speckled colors!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Ooooo... that's really pretty!

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is very pretty. The heathered colours are so subtle, and so lovely.

It says "cables" to me too ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home