Saturday, January 12, 2008

Taking the Yarn (oh, and doggies) for a walk

A nice day, sun out, snow melting slowly, and laundry sorted, so we decided to take a little walk up in the hills. The light was nice, so I took the opportunity to take this week's handspun out for a stroll too.


The two colorful skeins are Spunky Eclectic superwash Corriedale in "Party Dress", two 2 oz. skeins. Baby knitting? The gray is 4 oz. of Icelandic-Silk that I picked up at Rhinebeck.


This is about a sport weight, I'm thinking a cute little baby kimono with matching socks or booties.


No plans for the gray yet, but it might make something nice for a gift next Christmas.


It was fun to see all the animal tracks in the snow, mice, bunnies, deer, and I'm pretty sure, a mountain lion (I took pics, I need to dig up some comparative data).


Now, I should really spin all the things lingering on bobbins, eh? Silk, and baby Suri alpaca, and some merino-silk blend. But. Its all fine laceweight and takes forever, and with the snow and winter I want color and something fast.


So, I have a nice Coopworth-silk blend, or a Merino-silk blend, which one, which one...

10 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger peri said...

Lovely pictures and such pretty yarn.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooo! Mt. lion! Cool! Hm, wonder how soft their hair is, think you could spin that? ;-)

 
At 7:46 AM, OpenID MarieGrace said...

Oooooh... baby knitting is my favorite!

Glad to have you back, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the pics of the goat and sheepie while you were away:-)

Enjoy those tracks in the snow, unfortunately we don't have any snow at all right now. We were hoping to do some tracking on our hikes but are feeling rather ripped off this year so far.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger GURO said...

Great handspuns! Those colours of red and blue are going to be perfect for your baby!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Batty said...

That would make such a great Christmas tree! If we didn't have cats, that's exactly how I'd decorate the next one (interspersed with mothballs sprayed with golden glitter because I just wouldn't want to take chances).

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Party dress is so pretty! I think I need a party dress like that!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

Those trees grow yarn!!!
When you said you had a fiber ranch, you weren't kidding!

;-)

Mountain lion huh? I hope you carry a walking stick or something to put between you and a hungry lion.
What, me worry? ;)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow, a mountain lion. I hope they don't come too close to the sheep and goats.

Wonderful colours for baby knitting, and gorgeous yarn as always.

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Becky said...

I'm hoping you can help me find some unprocessed Debouillet wool. I only need a few ounces. If you know of anyone and could direct me their way, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Supern√łtt said...

I want one of them threes... Lovely handspun yarn :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home