Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bad blogger, I know.

Yes, I still haven't take pictures of my WIP's, or my spinning lately. I will, as soon as I get a nice sunny morning without a layer of ice to have to drive into work on.

We had a freak storm last night, dumped about 3 inches of snow in an hour, along with wind up to 75 miles an hour, and thunder and lightening. Nate was stuck at the bottom of the road up to our house waiting, and didn't get home until 10:30 last night.


The mountains are beautifully snowy still. The snowpack is at 150% of normal, or more now, I believe that was the total before the last 30 inches of snow...

If it warms too fast this Spring, we'll have to watch the rivers for approaching flood stages again like they did a few years back.


The animals continue to do well. They're pretty cute in the mornings, waiting for me to bring them hay, frost and snow on the their fleece. I'm already getting excited about that fleece too. Mmm, I can see the crimp on Florence, nice.


Tele cat follows me around in the mornings as I check and feed the animals. I love his little face, and his happiness as he bounces through the snow.

And, ugh, the roads.

It wouldn't be half bad if it would either stay cold and the snow wouldn't get the opportunity to melt, or if it stayed warm, and it would all melt.

But the inch thick layer of ice underneath a thin layer of blowing snow? Makes for a long 20 mile drive into town.

So, still spinning, knitting, and mostly lately, re-doing the house. We've already painted the main floor (kitchen, dining, living, laundry, hall) and replaced all the light fixtures, next is new flooring then trim painting and new baseboards. I'll post pics when we get done.

So far, the baby seems well! I went to the midwife appointment last week, and we heard the heart beating strong.

So, more pics and some actual fiber content soon :).

9 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I love the picture of the snowy mountain! I hope you don't mind if I steal it for my personal collection. I think I see a painting of it in my future, hehe.

And the kitty is just too cute!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Thunder snow--that kind is the best!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Tele kitty certainly has the fur to deal with the weather. What a great picture.

More magic sprinkles::::::::::::::

 
At 7:07 AM, OpenID MarieGrace said...

I am so jealous... of your snow and you sheep.

So glad to hear the baby is doing well.

 
At 7:08 AM, OpenID MarieGrace said...

Ugh! I meant "your" sheep... not "you" sheep...geez.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Snow is fine so long as you don't have to go out in it ;)

So glad to hear the baby is doing well.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Telecat is such a cutie! Awww!

My cats go to the door, feel the blast of cold, look up at me like I should fix it, and retreat back in toward the warmth. They're moving from heating vent to heating vent, hoping to find the warmest spot.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

You are living the dream! Those are some cute animals. =)

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Jeri said...

Found your blog through ravelry. Will you be selling fleece? I am interested. When is shearing time?

Jeri
soapquiltknit at gmail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home