Friday, November 16, 2007

Rainbow Romney

Last weekend at the Best of the Southwest wool-fest, I picked up a bump of roving from The Natural Twist, a small fiber mill in Albuquerque. Romney, in all these gorgeous dark rainbow-y colors.


I had every intention of taking a picture of the original bump. Because it was beautiful. But, I spun all 8 oz. of watching the presidential debates last night. I spun 2 full bobbins in a few hours. This is rare. This tells you something about the fiber prep. Dreamy, easy to spin, spins-itself kind of stuff.


Ruth, who processed the fiber also happened to mention she loves working with CVM. So, a local-ish mill, great prep, and she loves CVM? I'm going to have to send her a fleece next Spring and see what she can do.


I was going to knit last night, but after coming home to icky smelling dogs, bathing both, I really felt like spinning was the way to go.

Now, tonight, to ply!

Happy Friday and weekend everyone!

9 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmm...so pretty! That's going to look great plied!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooooh very pretty!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! two ply? Or Navajo ply? Whatever, it will be beautiful.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Fair isle faerie said...

Ooo i love those colours !


Angela

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

I deleted my previous comment. As I was reading it back to myself, I realized I already understood, what I thought I didn't.
Ah, brain damage, it came on quickly.

Beautiful spin!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Batty said...

It's lovely. I have yet to meet fiber that practically spins itself, though... I think it's your mad spinning skills meeting the right material. The result? Dreamy!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous!! I kinda got the spinning bug after Turtlegirl let me play with hers!! Sigh..if only I could!

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is very pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home