Monday, November 19, 2007

Plyed Rainbow Romney (and llama)

I plyed the Rainbow Romney from the last post over the weekend, and still love it just as much. In fact I was debating ordering more bumps in order to spin enough to knit a whole sweater for me out of it. Then I remembered I should finish the things I've started first.


We spent a lot of the weekend outside, the weather is still in a warm holding pattern, no snow on the mountains. We finished a wood pile, I planted some garlic, we winterized the chicken coop, and I got to observe the animals for hours on end. Drama Llama is an amazing animal, and I still can't believe how bonded he is to the sheep and goats. Always alert, and watching, this is one of his classic poses.


Oh yeah the Romney. I love the colors, subtle, yet there. Dark enough I could get by with wearing a rainbow palette I think. The yarn is worsted-ish weight, and I haven't measured the exact specs yet, though I know it's 8 oz.


Pastoral sunset llama? Yep, still alert, watching the little ones.


So, if it is worsted ish weight, I'm guessing I have around 400-450 yds in these 2 skeins. I suppose I could measure and do the math, but I'll leave that to when I'm actually going to use the yarn I think.


Ideas for this yarn if I don't want to order more and knit a sweater?

8 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Order more and knit a sweater. Order now, before they sell out.

But, if not, hat and scarf? Maybe a vest?

It's just luscious.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I was going to say vest as well. But I've been on a sweatervest wearing kick lately.

Llovely llama.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Is 400-450 yards EACH? Then yeah, a vest. If not, then I'd go with a small shawl or scarf.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger peri said...

Nothing like a bit of llama and lovely yarn to make a girl feel better!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

It looks YUMMY!!!!
GET MORE and make that sweater!
you'll be glad you did!

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

A vest definitely. It's beautiful.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Batty said...

A scarf with a nice stitch pattern would really show off those colors. It wouldn't even have to be complicated, My So-Called Scarf or something similarly textured would work great, I think.

If you have more... scarf and hat, or vest, if there's enough. It's lovely.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Give it to me?
Hmm, I guess that's not the kind of suggestions you were looking for.
Gorgeous spinning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home