Friday, October 26, 2007

Purple Wool.

Purple wool. Two words that make me happy. 8 oz of it spun, into 655 yards of about a worsted weight yarn. 3 skeins. The light is really low now, I'm actually looking forward to the time change!


Two hanks of fiber, one from Laura, one from Angela. The colors were similar so I spun the singles and then plied them together. The Laura skein was the greyer one, the Angela skein the brighter one.


I'm spinning up the rest of the natual colored wools I have, and contemplating the Big Blanket. I'm thinking of color schemes and patterns now. The blanket will be my biggest handspun project to date.


Sheepies are well, in a little bit here, we're turing Fred back out with the ewes, and hope for lambs in the Spring. Baaaaaaaaa! Lambs! I can't wait.


Ahhh, Friday. Last day of the Farmers market tomorrow *sniff*. Time to stock up!

11 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Anonymous marymac said...

Purple!

Lambs!

Purple Lambs! (Okay, maybe not. But that would be a good name for a band.)

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's so dark when we get up at 7 a.m., I, too, can't wait for the time change.

Lovely yarn there!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Oh how pretty!
I ordered Angela fiber, but a bad mail gremlin took it and it never came. Then Angela was sweet enough to send a second package, but it went into never-never land as well.... I do not like the post!!! they eat fiber!!!! And Angela's Fiber is sooooooooo beautiful! you lucky you!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Purple! My favorite color, in yarn!
That's just beautiful, amazing work, as always.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS stuff! I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of purple, but this yarn blows that right out of the water!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger chemgrrl said...

Lovely lovely lovely! :)

Do sheep make a lot of noise when they have sex? Goats do. I once rented an apartment that had goats right behind it. They had a routine, I swear. Saturday morning, 8 am. Not the most pleasant way to wake up. Anyway, I hope your bedroom is far away from the sheep pen.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh pretty! And Lambs! Yay!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Beautiful yarn, as always!

Our rams will be going in with their ladies soon too, what could be nicer than spring lambs skipping about your farm?

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Fair isle faerie said...

Good Luck Fred !!!


We're not doing any this year after the F&M fiasco, I think its going to take more than one season for the store lamb market to get going again up this far north.

But we will have a double calving to look forward to & hopefully baby ducks & turkeys too.


Angela

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Won't Fred be a happy ram. Good luck with the lambs.
The yarn is beautiful as always.

Oh yeah, time change has changed this year. I wondered what was 'wrong'. It's the first Sunday in November, so this weekend, Nov 4. (Usually in late October.)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Laura said...

hey! I was just thinking about the roving that I sent you oh-so-long ago! Good to see some of it spun up. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home