Thursday, October 11, 2007

Busy!

Fall Harvest is done. Pumpkins, finally picked, green tomatoes now ripening inside, and the only things left in the garden are leeks and onions (I had some brussels sprouts, but the sheep/goats ate those).


So, you don't like mowing your lawn? Me either :).


The squashes for the winter, butternut, Potimarron, a funny hybrid one, and the pumpkins of course!


Let the sheep/goats/llama mow for you! Free fertilizer and dog entertainment too.


The cheddar is waxed, and put up til December now. Last night I made a gouda, which is a brined and washed rind cheese, that one will be ready by Thanksgiving.


Still working on putting all the tomatoes up, but everything else from the garden is done. I've knit, a little, and spun, a little. The main thing is the Cherry Leaf shawl, its done and blocked. And gorgeous. I just need to take some pics of it!


Have a good weekend everyone, I'm off to Phoenix for a work conference tomorrow!

7 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh Sarah,, I keep thinking of your cheese! Gouda too now. Not to shabby at all! Those squashes/pumpkins look gorgeous as does everything else.

Oh and FYI check this out, right up your alley.

http://cheddarvision.tv/

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Dude, who needs santa!??! You'll have CHEESE!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You know, I have gotten cheese for Christmas before Bezzie...(and birthdays).

Nancy, that is too funny, cheddarvision!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

It must feel good to have got your harvest in for the winter. The pumpkins look wonderful. Lots of yummy soups ahead ;)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

I love your lawnmowers and your lawnmowers' supervisors.

Pumpkins!

Have a safe and happy trip.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger farm-witch said...

Oh, I miss having a milk cow. I used to make cheddar, farmer's cheese, buttermilk cheese and herbed yogurt cheese. With hay prices so high and our off-grid homestead taking all our energy and time, I'll have to wait another year or two to get a cow, again. I remember butter making days, when my hands would be so soft and smooth from playing in the butter. Where do you get your milk. Also, this is my first year growing potimarrons - they look great - can't wait to taste them!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Your own farmhouse cheddar, you have to let us know how it all tastes!! Cool lawnmowers there! ;)

Great harvest, those pumpkins and squashes are going to taste so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home