Thursday, September 27, 2007

Working on it all

Since its been a little while, pumpkins! I think they're getting close to being pick-able. There are 6 of them that are nice and orange, and one little one that is still green, and might not make the cut before the first frost.


Cherry Leaf Shawl! Edging is in progress, I'd estimate I'm about 1/4 done with the edging, and will probably have enough of the Evilla yarn left for another shawl.


I'm working on putting up the harvest for the winter. This basil became a huge batch of pesto, frozen, ready to pop into a pot of pasta for a quick dinner.


A nice unblocked lace picture; the shawl, center done, edging begun. Aren't the color shifts of the Evilla nice?


I only got three of these little eggplants this year, I'm definitely saving seeds this time! Listada di Gandia eggplants, an Italian heirloom variety, and I think my favorite eggplant variety.


My first time with one of these knitted on edgings, and so far, so good. I like the way it just "works out" if you follow the instructions.

8 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

Wow the gardening is definitely paying off. Pumpkins!! I wonder if Ronnie would pet that one and ask it to marry her? she'll be the elizabeth Taylor of produce :))

The shawl is coming out gorgeous.. It'd look really good with an all purple edging. Go for it!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Massive patch of basil! Beautiful and strange eggplant!

The shawl, she is lovely!

Pumpkins!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Karen said...

The shawl is Gorgeous!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I love pumpkins! Yours look great, all that hard work was worth it ;)

What a beautiful shawl - you're right the gentle colour shifts of the yarn are so lovely.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Knitting and produce...how can you go wrong??

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

EVILLA!!!!! is nice.
and I love your yard! I have to get me some of those eggplant seeds! they even look nice! Love that color!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome pumpkins! Wow, that Basil looks good, never seen an eggplant like that either. Beautiful shawl!

Ahh I love your garden posts! :)

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Those pumpkins are coming along nicely! I'm not much for eggplant but I will say that yours looks pretty damn cool.

The shawl is gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home