Friday, September 07, 2007

Sockyarn and Sheep

Hanspun Superwash Merino Wool, in purples and teals that Valerie (who has stopped blogging due to Ravelry...) dyed and sent me for my birthday (last year).


Sock yarn! Fingering weight, and superwash, perfect.


The ewes are pretty big now, almost full grown I'd say. We had to pull Fred out and isolate him last weekend. He's less than thrilled about it. Especially because the ewes are showing signs of "being ready to breed". But, since we don't want to lamb until April, he's in lock up til mid-November.


The light is getting lower now too. I've had to move from taking yarn pics on the deck to a fence post out in the garden. (and, I saw some yellow leaves on a cottonwood on the drive to work this morning!).


The llama I think is happier with the sheep now Fred is in isolation too, I've noticed him hanging out with them more (if you click and make this pic big, you can see the adorable baby horse my neighbors have in their pasture!).


It was 49 degrees this morning when I went downstairs, I don't remember the last time I saw a temperature in the 40s. I'm glad you guys like my garden pics too, I feel like this time of year I want to capture it as much as possible before I have to wait 7 months for more.


Yarn Specs:
100% superwash merino wool
3.9 oz/112 g
291 yds/267 m
2-plied, fingering weight

Happy weekend!

14 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Laura said...

poor friendless Fred! He needs some sheepie lovin'

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I've noticed the light change here too. But it reminds me of the light you feature in your morning yarn shoots. I think of it as "NM" light!

Nice sock yarn!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Fair isle faerie said...

Our guys on his lonesome too, not to chuffed about it either, but, as we dont want to lamb during the storm season, he also is in lock up until november, and its his final season as a gigalo too....


Angela

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

That looks SO GOOD! I love it! Now start some socks! :)

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gosh, it was 70 here when I got up around 7. You got us beat by 21 degrees!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

I adore your yard pictures!!!
MORE please!!!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Happy llama, sad Fred. ;-)

I've not noticed any change at all, yet. OK, the low temps have dropped from the high 80s to the high 70s, so it's bearable if you get up at he crack of dawn. This is all to be expected. The cold has its pleasures too. I remember some beautiful snowy/icy pics from last winter.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful handspun!! Yay for sheep!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Those sheep are so cute. They even distracted me from the sock yarn, for almost a minute or two!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Our rams are in solitary too - and not liking it!

You're right, the season's definitely changing. We're still in the high 80s during the day, but first thing it's a lot cooler, with mists and fog.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Zib said...

belissima work as always.

SHEEP!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Lazuli said...

What pretty farm and garden pictures! I'm really enjoying them. I can enjoy your farm vicariously, and your garden pics remind me of the garden I left behind when we moved in the middle of the summer.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Poor Fred! Control those sheepy hormones buddy. I was going to say something about Scotsmen, but it was very bad taste. :P I take it back.

Nice sock yarn! The colors are very wintry, perfect for the upcoming chill.

I'm having lighting issues, too. The morning light has been too bright, but it gets dark too early. Slightly frustrating. We haven't hit the 40s yet. We've only gotten down to the low 50s here. Our time will come.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Raeknits!_and_spins said...

I don't know how you do it all... work... spin... knit... garden... farm! Love reading your blog, especially the garden updates! And the spinning updates! ANd the animal updates! All the updates! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home