Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Slippery Slope

See this? It looks like an innocent, half finished sock, doesn't it? Well. It isn't. It is the first time I've started a second pair of socks without finishing the pair currently on the needles. Slippery slope I tell you.


I've always had a personal rule that I'd only knit one pair of socks at a time. Because I fear the Second Sock Syndrome. And I know how many things I can start and let linger or never finish.


But, I needed a plain stockinette sock to knit on Saturday for the car, the Microbrew thingy that Nate wanted to go to. So I cast on the Kaffe Fasset sock yarn. And, I must say, I like it. I hated it with a pattern. I love it with stockinette.


The other socks? Here they are, a Thuja pair for me, boot socks, hiking socks....


Oh, and the arch?

Cox Canyon Arch, hiked there on Sunday with the dogs and a couple of our friends. Ah, 3-day weekends. I wish we had them every week.

9 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I know you'll finish the Thuja socks, because you're conscientious enough to finish what you start. And they're so close to being done.

Love the arch pictures!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

ooh i really like the thujas. i personally think there is nothing wrong with having more than one pair of socks OTN. you'll get them all done, eventually. right?

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Some yarns are just best with the stockinette! I too am a strict one-pair-at-a-time gal!

Did you pose them on your hike??

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Oh, it's not too dangerous to have several socks going at once, you just have to commit to finishing. I do it all the time. Saves me from "I hate this sock" syndrome, so I can focus on another yarn color for a while. Both socks are looking good!

That arch is cool, but then I love geology. ;-) I wonder how long it has been an "arch" and I wonder how long before it falls down? I think about that sort of thing. (You know there is a 'Margaret arch' somewhere in northern AZ on Navajo land that I want to go see someday. It was named after Margaret(Peggy) Goldwater, Sen. Barry's Mrs.)
Beautiful pictures.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I'm loving those socks. And the arch.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I was going to say I have been to that arch before - but the one I went to was in Monument Park in Utah - so a different one :)

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh but the second hiking sock is so close to being finished, I think you can forgive yourself for starting a new pair :0

Both pairs are lovely.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Sockses! Love the colors!

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

First of all, you live in beautiful country. I'm always amazed by your photos!

I tend to knit more than one pair, which is why I have at least three socks with no mates and one half-sock with no mate hanging around. All I can say is, look out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home