Thursday, August 16, 2007

Urban Aran Update and the Menagerie

First, a little detail of the central cable in the middle of the back of the Urban Aran:


Next, something I've been trying to get a picture of for a long time, the baby goats standing and climbing on top of the llama. They love each other so, they love to climb on him and sit on him, alas the picture is fuzzy, but you can still see what's going on!


My progress so far on the back of the Urban Aran, I'm at 11.5 inches, at 14.5 inches you start doing the underarm decreases. Note for Magatha, I am knitting the cardigan zip up version ala Brooklyn Tweed. I'm knitting this tight and thick, and envision it as a light jacket for me this winter!


I've been asked if all the animals get along. So far, so good. Telebear snorgles Florence the ewe:


We were worried a bit about the dogs and the sheep/goats. But, at this stage, they've totally worked it out. We can let the dogs out into the pasture, and they sheep will run up to them and sniff em all over. I think the facts that we have non-agressive dogs without strong prey drives and that they share a fence help.

Edited to add: I'm pretty sure that the mystery squashes are green pumpkins! After searching the internets, and getting advice from friends and blog readers, I'm going with pumpkins.

Ooooh! And, it's my 2 year blog-iversary today!

15 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

Awww that's too adorable. The animals like each other and that is a good thing.

Urban Aran is coming along GREAT!! YAY!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Happy Blogaversary!

You have a lovely garden!

:)

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I didn't know llamas were so good-natured about other animals - it's cute.

The aran sweater looks nice - I can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Fair isle faerie said...

we have kittens that get along great with sheep too, to the extent that they hitch rides on fleecy backs.


Those pumpkin sure are looking tasty ! Just dug up the first of our tatters & boy were they grand !



Angela

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Goats on a llama! That is hysterical!

The sweater looks great!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Snuggling animals! Cute overload!

They look like our unripe pumpkins. They should start turning orange soon.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Sue, aka seiding said...

Happy blogaversary!

Nothing, I repeat, nothing is cuter than a couple of pygoras climbing on a llama. And this is coming from a girl who visits icanhascheezburger.com every day.

Squee!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Holy cow woman! 2 days and that much progress! That is awesome!! Happy Blogiversary and thanks for the menagerie update! :)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Well goats do like to climb..ha ha!

Love the urban aran. But I've always enjoyed your adventures in cabling.

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Knittypants said...

Ack! Goats and llama are way too cute!

Urban Aran looks amazing, I love this pattern.

Happy Blogiversary, too :-)

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Ewe kitten snuggles! So cute!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Congrats on the anniversary
Love the aran! sooooo pretty!!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Guro said...

OMG, goats on a llama! That certainly made my day...

Happy blogiversary!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

I wonder what those goats are thinking?

The UA cables are so awesome. I love that pattern.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger missedconceptions said...

From someone who can barely sew on a button (I mean it will stay on, but it is not pretty), your knitting is AMAZING. I am so in awe. I am just so not talented in this area, and I really wish I was.

Thanks for de-lurking on my blog!!
It was nice to "meet" you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home