Monday, August 20, 2007

Orange and Green

Corriedale Wool, spun by me:


Pumpkins indeed! Just turning a hint of orange now,


The skein and the sky:


Details:

100% Corriedale wool from a prepped roving handyed by a small dyer in Utah.
3.9 oz/110 g
222 yds/203 m
3-ply, chain (or Navajo) plied.

Now...the interesting bit....

CIMG6049
I spun this mostly on my drop spindle! We went camping a couple of weeks ago, and I threw in my socks to knit, and on a whim, this roving and a spindle. Surprisingly, I wasn't in a sock knitting mood, and so I picked this up. Its probably the first significant amount of yarn I've spun on a spindle in a long, long time.

And...I liked it! Yes, it was definitely slower than my wheel. But, it was relaxing and I enjoyed taking a little more time to play with the fiber. I did however, ply it on my wheel for speed.

7 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

You go girl!! The yarn looks good. Maybe I'll pick up a spindle and spin a bit. I do love my Dutchie though!

So they are pumpkins. Wow, got yourself a good harvest coming!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

That's really lovely stuff! I like the color combination.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lovely lovely lovely yarn. (One lovely for each ply?)

Your pumpkin is looking good.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Jo said...

It's beautiful - I love the muted colours of it.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love the colors in your handspun! Pumpkins, yum! I especially love the seeds! :)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

You've gotten so good at it, I can't 'tell' what is handspun or store bought, (which I thought at first glance of pics.) Very smooth and even and all done on a drop spindle while camping! I'm impressed. :-)

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

That yarn loks great! Nice spindle, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home