Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Little Coopworth

Ah, remember I dyed this:


(Coopworth fleece from Merlinthecat)

And was spinning it into this:


(singles I started oh, over a month ago)

Well, I finally decided to spin the rest up (and try and manage all my spinning WIPs, which I realized have become quite numerous, and far outnumber the amount of bobbins I actually own).

And it became this:


(523 yds of laceweight 2-ply yarn)

Which, I think I will of course knit into something from Victorian Lace Today.


(not sure which pattern yet, I think I'll browse and look for the one with the closest yardage)

Love the colors of this, it definitely makes me want to spin up the Fred fleece I dyed at the same time!


Specs:
523 yds/478 m
3.6 oz/102 g
2-ply, Z-spun singles, S-plied.
WPI, didn't check, but high I'm sure! This is definitely a laceweight.
100% Coopworth wool, dyed with 4 packets of KoolAid (2 grape, 2 black cherry) mixed in water and a little vinegar, then popped in the oven for a couple hours (this is my easy peasy dye method when I only have a small batch of a fiber that will fit in my big Pyrex).

10 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Karen said...

yummy!!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Just Gorgeous!!!!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Love the color!
And YUM to the Aubergines!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

So beautiful, that dark pink. Done just right!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger String said...

so lovely

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Knittypants said...

Very pretty, the color makes it look almost good enough to eat!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Batty said...

It's lovely!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Wow. I can't wait to start spinning up that much yardage out of 4oz or less of fiber. I haven't touched my wheel in weeks. Maybe I'll pull it out today.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger homesteadinmamma said...

Love the new yarn! How about a clapotis?

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

Nice! I just bought a coopworth fleece and I love the idea of dyeing in the lock for lace yarn. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home