Monday, August 27, 2007

Brown.

Brown eggs, brown yarn.


The first eggs from our hens!


VERY excited.


Brown yarn from brown sheep, brown eggs from red hens.



Specs:

3 eggs, medium, from 2 Rhode Island Red hens.

2 skeins yarn, 100% Shetland wool, spun with a short forward draw from the above roving, 2-plied.

Big skein:
278 m/304 yds
5.5 oz/156 g (dang that short draw thing really eats fiber! I normally get a lot more yardage from a similar weight if I do long-or semi-long draw!)

Little skein:
116 m/127 yds
2 oz/57 g

I know what brown can do for me.

10 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe! Lovely handspun and fiber. I bet the eggs tasted awesome! :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Happy eggs! Happy yarn!

Fresh eggs from uncaged chickens really do taste a lot better than the factory-farmed variety. Mmmm mmmm.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

Those are lovely eggs indeed. Good chickens. - zuma

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Jo said...

So... what are you going to make with the eggs... and the wool?

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I don't know which makes me more jealous, the wool or the eggs!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger aija said...

Gorgeous! I love the shetland, what are you planning for it?

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Guro said...

Awww, first eggs... Are you going to frame them? Just think, in a while you can have first chickens too!

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Three eggs = one yummy omelet!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

yAYYY for eggs from your own hens!

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Kathy said...

If you ever need any farm hands, you just let me know and I'll yippee ky-yay myself on up there.

Your yarn is gorgeous, just tyuly lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home