Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summertime

And the spinning, knitting, playing with wool, and all that is slow.

You know, taking time of to go to (Mesa Verde-Spruce Tree House):


With Nate's sister and her fiancee, go on the river for a day, and just enjoy the monsoon season.

Spin a little (I've been working on this Coopworth for a while now, and don't even think I'm half done)...


I'm still knitting the red diamond scarf, the summery socks.

Carding a bit.


Oh yeah, read Harry Potter the Last too (loved it).


Life is good, even when the fiber time slows down. Happy summer.

7 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

I love it there in Mesa Verde Ntnl. Park. Just looking at those rooms you know they must've woven things to cover the windows and floors. Maybe you know exactly what they wove? I imagine stuff like corn husk mats or maybe a sheep's wool rug prototype? :-)
We had rain last night, the first rain in many months.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Is that where they had the big old fire a year or so ago? Maybe it was longer.
Going off of what Mag said--you think you could spin corn silk if you let it dry? Hmmmmm.....I may need to try this.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

Mesa Verde is so beautiful. My in-laws lived in Durango for years, and we used to visit twice a year. Loved the cliff dwellings. Thanks for the memories!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Plus, now you've got all those animals to tend. So much to do in a day.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Oh Mesa Verde!!! You were so close! happy summer to you too!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Mesa Verde is on my must see list. Mr. Batty has been, but I really want to go.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Really cool pictures Sarah! :)

Hey could you let me know where you purchase your roving? I am going to need to purchase some very soon, and I love your tencil(sp?) blends you buy.

Oh, my e-mail is dkswife@aol.com.

Thanks for the pictures and hugs to you and yours!

Kay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home