Monday, July 02, 2007

SHEEP!

Well, its been a lot of hard work, a fair amount of cash, and a lot of planning, but we're officially sheep owners! Meet our sheep:

Patty, a 3 month old CVM ewe:

CIMG5659

Fred, a 6 year old CVM ram (prior to shearing, which will be another post this week):

CIMG5640

The rest of the "girls" Marjorie, Shirley, Florence, and Eliza:

CIMG5656

Eliza, the chocolate brown (black in the sheep world) 75% CVM, 25% Corriedale ewe with one of the other girls:

CIMG5661

Apart from Eliza, the other girls are all pure CVMs (and actually Eliza will be registered as CVM since she's 75%), they are all about 3 months old, born this past March.

CIMG5658

So far, they're getting along just fine with the goats. Mr. Drama Llama wasn't too thrilled when we first put them in there, but he's doing fine with them today.

OH! There are many more pics on Flickr...click on any of these pics to be taken there, or to enlarge the picture to see greater detail.

We already sheared Fred (and the llama) since it's gettting hot here they really needed a summer trim. I'll continue posting pictures of them, and our microfarm adventure!

Thank-you Nate, I love you. :)

20 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Oh, they are so cute! I want to snuggle them more than I want to shear them, and yes, I know that would be gross because of the lanolin!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I like Eliza! Love that dark brown color. What a fun adventure for you both.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Beth said...

So cool! I'm still trying to talk my DH into some sheep. I already have him talked into an Angora goat....You're a lucky girl!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Secret said...

*jealous*


they are adorable. i'm sure drama llama will love them soon enough.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Brilliant! Love your "make it happen" attitude - and here you are, with quite the herd! They're all so beautiful - I hope you're beating your chest and beaming with pride!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger peri said...

Am loving the sheepies!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Guro said...

You lucky girl! And lucky sheep! And Nate can have a hug from me, and give one to the lama too! I so enjoy keeping track of your little micro farm...

(I'll go pet my goldfish now!)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

YaYYYY! Sheepies!
I am so happy for you!
they are all so adorable...can't wait to see what you make out of all that fiber!!!!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Cool!

Yup, I'm officially upgrading you to a Mini-Farmer. Nothing micro about that many sheep, goats, chickens and a llama!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Cathy said...

What beautiful sheep!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Laura said...

BaaRamEwe!

yay for sheep!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger merlinthecat said...

You lucky duck! They are sooo cute!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

oh, soooo adorable! BAAAAH at them for me! :P

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Molly said...

CVM CVM CVM! I love love love CVM. Throw in some Targhee and you've got my perfect fiber animals (but I'll leave the actual work of raising them to other people ;).

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Sue, aka seiding said...

Oh what a lovely group! And I can't wait until you start having lambs! Now I'm thinking you need one of those Polish Tatra Sheepdogs to round out the menagerie.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome Sheepies! Too cute! I do like Eliza too! Great fun for you guys now! :)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Lovely sheep! I'd love to get some of my own someday, but they tend to frown on that in this neighborhood. *sigh*

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Heathermione said...

Ooooh, I miss my lambies now! (And I didn't even knit or anything when I was raising them, sigh.)

They're so cute! Can't wait to see the FOs that come from the flock!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Your sheep are lovely. They all look very happy in their new home (they obviously realise they're going to have a wonderful life with you!)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Awwww! You've got a sheep named after my mother, Marjorie! LOL!
I hope the new family members are healthy and happy in their new digs. They are very lucky sheep to have 'found' you guys to tend them.
Oh, and PS, I agree with Bezzie, there's nothing 'micro' about this farm project. I would differ in that I'd call you a full fledged rancher. You've got a fiber ranch now, with some good home grown foodstuffs coming up. Ranchera Morgan! (rancherito fibreso, :-)~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home