Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Microfarm Tuesday

Wilco helps with gardening (sort of....actually he just ran off with a radish).


(but he looked so stinking silly and cute with it in his mouth I couldn't help but laugh!)

Now, I'm not sure if we just have weird chickens, or they're all like this.

This is how they sleep:


All crammed in and piled up and spilling out of the little DogLoo that we had them in when they were tiny chicks. This picture was taken at night, they had already gone to bed but I wanted to have evidence of this chicken-pile so I came in to take a picture.

We build a really nice nest box contraption for them. They have roosts. But apparently they like the Chicken-pile-bed better. Who knew!

Drama Llama, Tiny Baby Goats, and Sheepies in the pasture this morning. People have asked me if its a chore to go out every morning and evening and let them in and out, and make sure they're fed-watered-sheltered. Honestly? Nope. No harder than taking care of my dogs and cats, and I love it. I love watching them run out into the grass, and "bahhhhh", "meeeeehhhh", "baaaaa" first thing.


And, for Theresa, Fred! (and friends).


The drum carder came on Friday, and I've played with it a bit. I've made a couple of nice batts, but need to practice more and actually read that "Color in Spinning" book I got with it.

Still working on the Red Diamonds scarf/wrap from VLT (halfway maybe...) and the blue striped summery socks, and have about 6 spinning projects on the bobbins.

I almost forgot! Rockin' Girl Blogger Award! Laura and Pam nominated me for this, and I'm honored!


Thank-you. I shall strive to keep posting microfarm updates and spinning for your viewing pleasure!

Now...who shall I nominate? I'd better think about this one and get on it tomorrow.

11 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

Aww Wilco is too cute. The chickens probably are so used to their old 'nest' and old habits die hard. That's hilarious though.

Fred!!! and Drama!! And everybody! :)
You definitely deserve the Rockin' Girl Blogger award. Hooray!!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

ADOPT ME!!!!

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Your chickens are wierd. Cute, but wierd. :)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger peri said...

I love the picture of Wilco - so cute.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

All your livestock look so happy. I love the photo of the chickens!

Animals are great time wasters aren't they? I could watch ours for hours.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

I LOVE WILCO!!!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe! Wilco is cute! Guess you have to keep an eye on your veggies now huh?

Haha!! I love chicken pile! Just how many chickens can be crammed into one dogloo?? Inquiring minds wanna know! ;)

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger mikomiao said...

those chickens are MOST adorable! you have a ChickLoo now, not a DogLoo! and you most definitely deserve the award!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Sue, aka seiding said...

My childhood dog ate a radish once. Only once!

I think you'll find Color in Spinning helpful. I've read mine several times now and get more out of it each time.

Love the chickens!

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

Oh, to be a dog on your fiber ranch! ~sigh~ What a life!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Heh. Love the picture of your chooks (chickens) in the dogloo! So funny :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home