Friday, July 13, 2007

Handspun Blues

75% Corriedale Cross Wool blended with 25% Alpaca (all from local animals and blended in the local mill, oh, and bought at a local Fiber Fest!).


Two-ply
367 yards (335 m)
Z spun, S plied
2.8 oz (80 g)
22 WPI


How about using this for the body of one of the VLT scarves, and the gray Fred laceweight for the borders?


OH! You want to know who won, don't you?


I'm definitely going to have to go with Peri's "My life has never quite been the same since they became Druids!" -Dory.

So Peri, since you're a spinner too....I could send you some Spinnables instead of handspun (say....Fred batts?) or some handspun yarn, let me know!

(now...to go track down that drum carder!)

7 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Congrats to Peri! Great saying!

Gorgeous handspun as always!!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Congrats Peri!
That definitely was funny!
I love the blue color Sarah!
sooooo pretty!!!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger peri said...

Oooooo I won - I never win nuffin!

Beautiful yarn Sarah.

Send what you will - I'm just happy to have won :-)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Kaye said...

Yup, Peri nailed it. Too funny!

I love that color.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Yeah, Peri's was the LOL funniest.

Congrats Peri!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a perfect skein of yarn!

And a great quote for the cat!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Batty said...

That's for me, right? Right?

Well, a girl can dream.

Beautiful work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home