Friday, July 06, 2007

Dyed Wool for Fiber Friday!

First up, Coopworth locks from Merlinthecat (ooh, I need to send her some Fred in return...) that I dyed magenta-purple-red:



Love those colors. This will have to be spun laceweight again for another project from Victorian Lace Today.


Next up: Fred Fleece! Dyed a lb with logwood and a lb with logwood and cochineal. Not shiny, but great color shading. This should make great batts!


And finally, more Fred fleece, this time with the magenta and purples from the KoolAid, much like the coopworth. Still wet here, ready to be dried, flicked and spun!


Happy weekend everyone!

6 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful colors!! That'll be awesome spun up! Your own fleece!! :)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I've been thinking about dyeing some of my white-dominant black blend Brown Sheep mill ends. I especially like the way grape kool-aid gives a kind of muddy plum. Can't wait to see your Fred Fleece colors spun up.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger merlinthecat said...

Ohh the coop looks great! I can't wait to see it spun and knit up! ohh I'd love to spin some of Fred's wonderful fleece!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Pretty! I love the colors.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice!!! You'll have to have Fred model whatever you make out of his fuzzy bounty.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

It Just GLOWS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home