Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yarn Pirate Crocus Socks

Finished! Again, much thanks to the angel who sent me this lovely yarn, Valkyrie!

Basic, plain stockinette socks, with an Eye of Partridge heel flap.


I really love the way these turned out. Yarn Pirate does a great job dyeing. No pooling, and without even trying, the stripes on the heels matched, and the tip of the toes too.


I'm pretty sure this yarn would look great in a patterned sock too, unlike a lot of handpainted sock yarns.


I have another skein...what pattern shall it be! Well, the other skein isn't the same color, of course, so I might need to swatch and see how it knits first.

7 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Those are perfect socks. Just lovely.
With yarn that is dyed that well, you can do any pattern you want, maybe even just a plain ribbed sock.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very nice! They kind of remind me of pistachio ice cream.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

So sweet! I love the green. As Magatha said, perfect socks.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Those are beautiful!!

And WTG on the silk for Amy. Really pretty!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Such cheerful socks!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger aija said...

Gorgeous dyejob on those... makes the heel a wonder to look at :)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

Wow! Those are so pretty knitted up! I'm going to have to break into my stash one of these days.

Glad I could come to your aid! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home