Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Workin'

Around the house, around the office, around the microfarm...

We've been pretty busy lately and I haven't worked enough on the knit and spin to post a lot. The scarf is at the stage now where I can work the second border and finish though.

CIMG5395
(Flickr pic)

Tomorrow we get a day off though, taking a mini-break with family to head to a hot springs in the mountains. mmm.

Maybe I'll finish that edging, or I'll finish a baby sock while I teach sock knitting, or the Yarn Pirate socks....

I started spinning the silk that I posted about last week over the weekend. I. Love. It. Sooooooo shiny. Soooooo soft. Soooooo fine and nice. I'm spinning laceweight, and I have a half a kilo, so this is A Project. I'm hoping to get it done by the 16th to take to the No Sheep class in ABQ.

The goats are good, we got the trees, grapes, and berries all planted, and are working on the garden still. Nate is building the real chicken coop with his dad right now, and the sheep are still on hiatus.

And now, back to work!

6 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

wow you guys are busy!
But I bet it all looks just wonderful around your house!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Batty said...

That's looking fabulous!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

I love that scarf! Is that your handspun or just the yarn being ramen-y?

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmm...knitting in hot springs. I feel relaxed just thinking about it! Have fun!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Busy busy busy. Can't wait to see more animal pictures.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy! Lovely scarf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home