Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Silk Plied

Plied, tied, bathed, and given to Amy.

CIMG5474
(Pics are Flickr clickable for giant size....)

CIMG5480
The Mulberry Bombyx silk sliver that Angela painted and gave me in the last SP round.

CIMG5486
I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. One thing I'd do different is put a little more twist into the ply, I think it might be even better then.

CIMG5479
I got great yardage with this!

120 g.

910 yards plied! Laceweight!

No wonder it took so long to spin the singles. Oh, and I still have one bobbin about a quarter full so I need to spin more of it...I'm guessing I've only really spun between a quarter and third of the bag!

So, went down to Village Wools on Saturday, and had a great time taking Amy's No Sheep class, then hanging out and getting some food. So nice to finally meet her and chat for real! Enjoy the silk Amy, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Sunday, we worked more on the chicken palace, and the garden, and then back to work for the week. Worky work work. Busy this week!

12 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Luscious!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Just beautiful!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Sue, aka seiding said...

Oh, lovely! Thanks for the pr0n!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Guro said...

Lucky Amy! And I think that colour is going to look gorgeous on her.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

So worth the effort! Extraordinaire gifting!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Lori H said...

So pretty and shimmery!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful!! Nice spinning there! :)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger mikomiao said...

just gorgeous! totally lovely.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very pretty! Can't wait to see what she does with it too!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Batty said...

OK, that pr0n is likely to turn me into an addict. The colors are exquisite.

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

*sigh*

I'm addicted to your spinning. It's fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home