Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Micro-farming is a lot of work...

Hence, the not as many posts as of late!

First, thank-you for the comments on the silk. I'm really enjoying spinning it, and tonight or tomorrow night I'll have enough to ply the first full skein! So, stay tuned for the finished silk post early next week.

Llama llama drama llama is doing well. He has bonded with the tiny baby goats now, and they're enjoying hanging out together, eating weeds, hay and clover.


He's also gotten to know us pretty well, and is pretty good about being handled.

Planting and growing seems to be a major activity around the place right now. Baby squash plants look good...


Building the Chicken Palace is also one of the main activities going on, here it is after a few days work from Nate and his Dad who was visiting last week. We're going to finish it up Sunday I hope.


Tiny baby goats are growing, and seem to be pretty happy in their new digs. I can't wait to let them out into the pasture soon! (But it has to be hayed first...if we let them out now, they'd disappear the grass is so tall).


The garden grows. Peppers, chiles, eggplants, tomatoes, tomatillos, onions, corn, potatoes, beans, peas, and all manner of good things to eat.



Cats at work too, guarding the wood piles, scouting out snakes, crickets, moths, and mice.



Running through the grass, tip of a tail all you can see. If....you watch closely.

10 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

All the veggies sound like they'll be scrumptious. I wish you much luck and pleasure from your garden!! Drama Llama and the gang are so cute it's not funny.
and Chicken Palace! ROFL hilarious

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

*books a flight to Sarah's house*

Drama Llama is SO cute!!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Drama Llama is cute, but I think the baby goats are cuter :)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Batty said...

What a face! When you're that cute, you can afford to be a drama queen.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

What wonderful pictures and what a ton of work they represent. I know what you're up to if I don't see you posting, you've got work!
The cat must be in cat heaven in that grass. My dad was a lazy mower and he'd let the backyard go a foot high before cutting. Never was my little tiger cat so happy, hunting bugs in that grass.
(So you named Blackjack, 'Drama Llama'? Yes, I am trying to remember the names of your animals! :-)

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

What fun! I love your llama. He's a cutie.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

aaawww cute llama! Looking good! Love your updates!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger peri said...

I love the llamas expression - he has a lovely face.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

You have been busy! Looks like you're making great progress.

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

Your new pets/farm critters are so cute I could scream. I've got Farm Envy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home