Friday! Friday! Friday!
I think its that last weekend was long and good, and that this week has been busy and full, but for some reason I'm more happy that today is a Friday than I have been about most Fridays in recent memory.
For your fiber-viewing pleasure, the Llanwenog wool batts that I dyed in the lock then drum carded have been finished.
Blues, lavenders, pinks and fuschia, they made a nice yarn. A 2-ply, all 5 batts made these 2 skeins. You can see the nepps and fuzzy-bits, part of the Way This Fiber Had to Be Spun.
I think we try to hard to fight against the fiber sometimes when we spin. I could have drum carded these batts about 5 more times each (and lost the color variation that I liked), I could have taken the time to pick the fuzzy nubs out of each arms length of single as I spun it (and not enjoyed the spinning), and I could have fought each bit and strained to draft the thick sections thin (and frustated myself in the process).
But, I didn't. I just spun the fiber how it was, let it be. And, it was fun to spin and I like the yarn. Sure, it isn't super duper even and smooth, but...I really am sure it will knit up just fine.
Super even and smooth? Well, you'll have to look at the yarn I entered in the Pagosa Fiber Festival skein competition last weekend. I took First Prize, Grand Prize, then Best in Show with a skein of alpaca! The other skeins, one got first in its category, and another took third. Best part though, the judge was Judy Ditmore of Interlacements! Definitely a highlight.
Oh, and Bezzie, yep, we eat tons of our own veggies and freeze/can them for the rest of the year, but if we have too many, we'll sell extras at my friend's farmers market booth!
Valkryie, you ask, you get! The Yarn Pirate Crocus sock in progress (I'm about ready to do the heel flap on sock #2 now pic is Flickr clickable).
Pam, pam, pam...Ok. I'll do a meme but just for you.
Seven Weird Things About Me:
1) This is the first one of these I've ever done (and only cause I love you, you know that right?).
2) I hate centipedes. No other bug bugs me. I love digging in the dirt, playing in the dirt, but a centipede will creep me out. Especially those giant ones with the neon pink and blue stripes they had in Israel.
3) I had a dream about getting bit by a snake in the shoulder last night.
4) I don't think 5 cats is too many (or 2 dogs, a llama, a few sheep, goats and chickens).
5) One day, I'd love to go to Mongolia, buy a horse and travel around on horseback for a month or two. Even though I don't really have a thing for horses or know how to ride that well.
6) If I had to pick 3 foods to live off of, they would be cheese, bread, and tomatoes with wine on the side.
7) My "ring" toe on my left foot is currently broken.