Friday, June 22, 2007

Baby Sockies

Little tiny baby socks for little tiny baby feet. Opal Feelings sock yarn, the same kind I used for the Spring Socks for me back in March-April.


First time I've knit socks smaller than my foot! How fun, they go so quick, and I have so many left over ends of sock yarn...I can see this becoming a new hobby, socks for me, socks for a baby, socks for me, socks for a baby.


Pretty quiet on the spinning front this week. I did start spinning some gorgeous "Humbug" Shetland roving that Pam sent me, but after the silk marathon, I've been laying low this week. I'll spin some more over the weekend so I can put up some nice spin next week.

BUT! I'm going to finish the knitting on the lace scarf tonight, and then block it. I can't wait to finish it...I'm itching to wear it! Then, I can cast on for another project...oooh, and another pair of socks too. Should be a good weekend! Oh, and gardening and finishing the chicken palace.

Happy Weekend everyone!

8 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Love the colors!
And love the yarn pirate socks too!!!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Those are adorable. Cute little baby sockies.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

They're so stumpy aren't they? As soon as you turn the heel--BAM! Time for the toe decreases!

They look good!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

Very cute little baby socks! - zuma

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Sarah. I have looked at your blog a few times. I'm impressed by your spinning, but also by your knitting and other life adventures (garden, animals...) I live in Colorado and wanted to ask you about your gardening experiences and (yeah, this sounds funny), your llama. Also, I have an archaeology-related question! Please send me an email jhorsman (at) frii (dot) com if you have time. PS - the socks are soooo cute. I'm knitting my first baby sweater right now!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

I've never made them myself, but I think I just might now. I certainly have the yarn for it. :-)

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

How darn cute! I love little baby socks. :-)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Those are just too cute for words! I love that their not "normal" baby colours either - they're just fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home