Thursday, May 03, 2007

Two more for the blanket

The brown is Manx Loaghtan wool, Navajo plied. The ivory is Norfolk Horn wool, 2-plied. Both are part of the Brit rare breed wools that will go into the eventual blanket project.

I have 4 more Brit wool to sample for the blanket, but I think I'll throw in all my interesting breed wools and make a bigger blanket, so I might be spinning them a while yet.


I carded these wools into batts with a Louet hand drumcarder that I borrowed from my friend Pam. I love it. I really want a carder now. I love flicking locks and handcombing, but some of the short stapled downier wools, or parts of the fleece that didn't wash and retain lock structure really benefit from carding. And...you should see how cool dyed locks look carded up! I'm working on that now...



Thank-you. You know who you are. Hugs.


See how gorgeous?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Mwa!!!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mm. Gorgeous. I can't wait to see your blanket all knit up.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

You are loved.. The orchid IS beautiful!! (So that's what an orchid looks like! hee).

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Just gorgeous!! Handspun and flowers!

(((hugs!!!)))

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Gorgeous orchid.

I can't wait to see what that blanket looks like.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Beautiful yarn and absolutely lovely orchid.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

That's going to be the best blanket EVER. :-)

And I'm a sucker for flower pics anyday. Wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home