Friday, May 04, 2007

More Spinny goodness!

The RED red RED is from Spinndiva too! I'm not sure what it is...all I know, is it's red, and maybe has some mohair in it...and it's mostly wool, and I love it.


The single, all wound and ready to ply.

Plied and tied.


A light fingering weight or heavy lace yarn. About the same as the Jamieson and Smith 2-ply lace weight.


Enough I think for a lace scarf, one of the ones in Victorian Lace today I think!

And....THANK YOU ANGELA! Last week this amazing box came from Fair Isle, land of the slow mail.


Three kinds of lovely spinning fibers, all handpainted by Angela, I'm sure! 2 sock patterns, and some LL yarn to knit a pair with, a beautiful baby shawl pattern and the Shetland laceweight to knit it with, and a wonderful little book of the traditional Shetland spinning and knitting. Thank-you!

9 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

ooh, that gorgeous shade of red will make a beautiful scarf. i have VLT but i every time i look at it, i get overwhelmed.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

That red is beautiful--so intense!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

That is so pretty. Man! I cannot wait to see what you knit out of it!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

You're welcome! Do you know what type of fiber it is other than wool? I have no clue. Hee hee

xoxo

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That red is fabulous! Warning: VLT is addictive - I'm currently on my 4th project from it!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Oh VLT is soooo wonderfull! I got it and it is so inspirational!
LOVE the book...
Love the yarn you made too!isn't the red just .... RED
I love how red it is.. and soft...

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh nice. Your handspun is always so pretty.

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

The red is luscious. I can't wait to see what scarf you choose to knit.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Wow, I love red, especially pinky red. (That's how the laptop screen reads it!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home