Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Laceweight Coopworth Handspun-dyed

This is the Coop. from Merlinthecat that I posted the single on the bobbin and dyed locks of last week.

See how she's turned into lovely, lovely laceweight?


Now I know why Merlin called this fleece "her boyfriend"! It really does spin and comb out wonderfully.

This green blend is my idea of a colorway, semi-solid, same-tonal family, this kind of stuff usually knits up really nice.


Not quite as even as some of my other recent handspun yarns, but overall averages 20W WPI which makes it about right for a nice laceweight.


Specs:

3oz
20 WPI
430 yds
2-ply, Z-spun, S-plied

Lace scarf you think?

12 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oo! I dig that sheen it has. And of course it's green, that therefore makes it wonderful as well.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Lace scarf yes! It's lovely, and has such a nice sheen.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger merlinthecat said...

Beautiful!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Gorgeous!!!

When I grow up, I want to spin like you.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

Looooove the color!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That's gorgeous!

I can't wait until my spinning gets that even.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

oh man that's pretty! LOVE the color, and it looks so soft! - zuma

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Yes, lace scarf, yes! I think a large or long one. Perhaps in Lily of the Valley pattern.
Oh, wait a minute, not my yarn! Darnit! Truly beautiful. It is amazing that you spun it so perfectly and so tiny in gauge.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are amazing. As always.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Yes, lace scarf! That stuff is simply gorgeous!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Yes, that would be just perfect for a lace scarf. Beautiful colour, and that sheen is amazing.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger peri said...

Lovely and luscious! Beautifully spun - I am the same colour as the yarn with envy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home