Coopworth Locks, Mermaid Palette.
A while back, merlinthecat (who has a supercute pic of her new puppy on her blog today...go see!) sent me a bag of Coopworth wool locks from her favorite new fleece. I finally got around to dyeing it and spinning it this past weekend.
I used Wilton's icing dyes and vinegar and popped the wool in the oven for a bit in Pyrex dishes, and it worked pretty well, the "Mermaid" color palette seems to have turned out well. Above, some of the locks Flick combed, ready to spin.
A pile of the locks, ready to Flick and spin.
And....a shot of the single on the bobbin. Its hard to see the color variation when I take a shot of an evenly wound Woolee Winder bobbin...but all the colors are in there.
This is one I really can't wait to ply! The single is thing, shiny, and taking a while to spin, but hopefully I'll be there tonight or tomorrow.
And, I need to give a thank-you to Kay who sent me some lovely wool roving, and a tote bag (I always need more tote bags!) the other week when I was having a rough time. Kay, there isn't a pic of it yet...but when I dye it up like this Coopworth, and spin it....I'll take some! Thank-you.