Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Coopworth Locks, Mermaid Palette.

A while back, merlinthecat (who has a supercute pic of her new puppy on her blog today...go see!) sent me a bag of Coopworth wool locks from her favorite new fleece. I finally got around to dyeing it and spinning it this past weekend.


I used Wilton's icing dyes and vinegar and popped the wool in the oven for a bit in Pyrex dishes, and it worked pretty well, the "Mermaid" color palette seems to have turned out well. Above, some of the locks Flick combed, ready to spin.


A pile of the locks, ready to Flick and spin.

And....a shot of the single on the bobbin. Its hard to see the color variation when I take a shot of an evenly wound Woolee Winder bobbin...but all the colors are in there.


This is one I really can't wait to ply! The single is thing, shiny, and taking a while to spin, but hopefully I'll be there tonight or tomorrow.


And, I need to give a thank-you to Kay who sent me some lovely wool roving, and a tote bag (I always need more tote bags!) the other week when I was having a rough time. Kay, there isn't a pic of it yet...but when I dye it up like this Coopworth, and spin it....I'll take some! Thank-you.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

I love those colors... can't wait to see how it looks plied.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

It's so shiny already.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger String said...

i love your box of fluff, maybe soon i'll get some more pics up.

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Lovely colours - and so shiny! Look forward to seeing the finished product.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Kay's a cool cat!

Love the way that spun up! Very beautiful--as always!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh pretty! So thin! How are you plannin on plying it? When I tried to navajo ply, the areas that were that thin would just break. So I 2-plied to stop that. Is that what you do?

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Karen said...

very pretty colors!!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely colors!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger merlinthecat said...

OHH it looks great! I can't wait to see it plied!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home