Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Yak Yarn

Well, only 22% yak yarn. The rest is wool and silk. This was a bag of Paradise Fibers Microblends roving, 5 oz. Fingering weight yarn, destination unknown.


I haven't given it it's final soak yet so I haven't counted yardage, but I'm thinking I have at least 500 yds here.


I like the color and softness of this yarn a great deal. Did I like spinning it? It was OK. There were areas that just didn't want to draft evenly, and then there were areas where it wasn't as completely blended as the rest of the roving. I'm betting this could have used another trip through the carder.


Thanks for all the comments yesterday about my socks (and shoes!). If you're truly loving the shoes as much as you say you are, you can buy your own pair HERE! (those red ones are tempting me...)

9 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

very pretty colors!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

I know I say this all the time but: I LOVE this yarn sarah!
I think it is my favourite...sooooo pretty

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

Oooh pretty!! And I see a Wilco-leg, too! :)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Woo! Sierra Trading Post! It gets WINDY there!

That color reminds me of all that torqouise jewelry native to your neck of the woods. Very pretty!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Oh my goodness. How beautiful I believe this one is the best yet!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ah, yes, it is the Best One Yet, just like my friend Jim's cheesecakes.

Gorgeous yarn.

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

The yarn is so pretty-the flashes of red make it pop.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is so pretty - it looks like it has a wonderful sheen to it and the colours are fabulous.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Where do they get Yak? American Yak or from outer Mongolia? That is about the most exotic fiber I've seen you spin yet. I love the turquoise color. Just spectacular.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home