Friday, April 20, 2007

Cotswold Locks Sampled

Another mini-skein to go in the Natural Wools Blanket pile! Another sample that Tania sent me from her Rhinebeck stash.


Dark gray to brown to ember gray Cotswold locks. These locks were in MUCH better shape than the last Cotswold I tried. These were actually FUN to spin, unlike the last batch! I simply Flick carded the ends and spun.


You can easily see that this wool is of the longwool variety, more like hair than a traditional wool. Shiny and silky, not fuzzy and sproingy. I've found that with the long luster wools, bad condition of the fleece leads to lots of frustration in spinning. More so than with the "regular" wools. I think I wouldn't buy un-combed luster wool fiber without seeing it first.


So, just a small sample skein. Little and soft. In the pile for the blanket. (I think I only have about 6 or so more wools to sample before I can design and knit!)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Are you going to include your pup hair in your sample blanket?

Love that Cotswold. Looks like a big soft caterpiller in the grass there.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

No wonder that fiber looked so familiar, hee. Tania gave me a bit too. It spun up nice. I'll be looking forward to it!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely!! I can't wait to see what that blanket will be like!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is lovely. Your blanket is going to be fabulous with all those wonderful skeins you've spun for it.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger badbonz said...

I read your letter in Spin Off magazine! Way to go girl!
Thanks for writing it!
I think they were not thinking about the article and it's effect before it was out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home