Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thank-you Angela!

Way back last year I arranged a swap with Angela on Fair Isle. She was sad that we had more types of wool at our disposal to try than she had on her little island. So I sent her a big box of all different types of wool, and she sent me a box of her Shetland fleece!


Of course, I had to sample some of it right away; the yarn sample above is three of the 4 kinds of Shetland, Navajo plied. The white is SO soft. Soft like kitty fur.


The 4 bags of Shetland fleece.


A treat! Angora-silk. This is maybe the softest thing I've felt so far. I can't wait to spin this!


And, I couldn't resist. 3 kitties. Sleeping Kitty Trifecta!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I just want to put my face into your grey kitty's exposed belly. So cute!

Funny that the Shetland yarn we buy here can be on the scratchy side. Maybe the hand-spinners skim off the best for their own use?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Fair isle faerie said...

Awww look at the kitty kats !


Hope you enjoy the shetland, im currently knitting lace shawl spun from your white fleece's sister. It makes wonderfull soft baby shawls !


Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home