Thursday, March 08, 2007

Tamarack and Spruce Single

This top photo shows the side not in the full sun, not shiny and reflective like the below photo. Oh, yeah, this is 50% superwash merino, 50% tencel from Susan's Spinning Bunny, like the pinky yarn for Lesley's socks...just a different colorway.


I've spun up 1 bobbin full, about 4 oz., and started the other bobbin last night. I'm still on the fence about plying it. I'm not sure if I want a barber-poled 2-ply that knits up Trekking-esque, or a Navajo-plied yarn that is more self-stripedy.

Maybe when I'm done with the other bobbin I'll do some samples and let Nate pick. After all, it is yarn for his next pair of socks!


8 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mm, that's pretty. It's like the color of spring grass. Partially green, but partially browny/orange.

Can't wait to see it plied and knitted!

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Ashley said...

oh.. pretty...

You really make me want that woolee winder... GAH!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's going to be wonderful plied. I can tell!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's so pretty!!!

...patiently waits for her Fricke....

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I love the colours, they work really well together. Great choice for manly socks!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger mikomiao said...

there's much more orange/brown/yellow than I would have guessed based on the pic on Susan's site...

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Fair isle faerie said...

Wonderfull colours !


Good luck with the sheepies, they arrive soon dont they ?

Biggest tip from what ive found out myself.. Dont settle for just any odd pair of feet trimmers, get ones that feel comfy in your hands even if it means getting a seperate pair for Nate !


Angela

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love the colors!! Will be anxious to see it plied too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home