I think I'm going to start a new blog thing here. Homegrown Mondays. Either gardening, sheep farming, or anything homestead-type related, since I normally work on those projects over the weekend. If people are interested in joining me, I'll start a blog ring!
So, this past weekend, we built our greenhouse. Greenhouse found, as it was largely created with materials found. The core of the structure is the a-frame created by an old swingset frame we found on the property. The front legs are bolted to some bases that were also found. The t-posts, found. We did have to buy the poly film, and we ordered the good kind from FarmTek that supposedly lasts 4 years. We also bought duct tape, lots of it, and insulation panels.
It's about 8 x 8 feet, a pretty good size. Definitely big enough for me to do all my seed starts for the garden, and even have a few nice early and late season treats.
The inside is filled with 9 large plastic tubs which hold water. The water will warm up during the day and act as radiant heat at night, as well as providing a convient shelf for plants, and an immediate source of water for watering.
The strawberry plants moved in for a jump start...
And I started a few trays of seeds!