Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CVM/Rambouillet Cross Sample Yarn

Another sample that Tania sent me from the fleeces Valerie and her split at Rhinebeck.


There were small nepps in this roving, but not bad, in fact, what I thought were nepps while spinning really evened out in the final yarn; there is hardly any uneveness to the final product.


Very sproingy, soft, but not merino or cormo soft, but still next to the skin soft.


Navajo plied, about DK weight final yarn. Also going with the stash of British Rare Breed wool samples to be knit into a blanket! All my natural colored wool samples are getting put into the blanket pile actually...

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Holy cow, woman! That is incredibly even!

I want to be you when I grow up.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger String said...

that yarn is amazing, the color is so caramel-y it needs snorgleing

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

Yummy color! And well-spun. I can't wait to see the blanket you speak of.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

So, I have a friend who makes cheesecake whenever there's a get-together. And every time, we all say, "This is the best one yet!"

That's how I feel about your spinning. Wow. Just when I think it's as good as it can get, it gets better.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous cathy said...

I am in awe of your talent.

Like Trillian, I want to be you when I grow up.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

yummy!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Batty said...

That is so incredibly even. And beautiful and cushy. I stand in awe of your spinning skills.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Your yarn really came out nicely. CVM and rambouillet are some of my favorites to spin, but they do have a tendency to get neppy sometimes. I would bet you will never ever notice it in the yarn when you work with it. Nice!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home