Friday, March 02, 2007

Cormo Cross Sample (handspun friday pron...)

A little skein of about 2 oz. Cormo-cross fleece that Valerie and Tania purchased at Rhinebeck and split. They sent it to Zellinger's for processing, and it came back in lovely carded roving form. Tania and I traded fleece samples, I sent her some of my CVM and CVM cross samples and she sent me this!

A two-ply, DK weight yarn, lovely, lovely.

Very sproingy, fluffy, and soft. Next to the skin soft! Lovely portobello mushroom color too. Taupe? Mushroom?

I feel like Spring is around the corner, and we'll have less and less mornings like this. With crystals of ice and a dusting of snow. Soon I'll see green shoots and signs of life instead...

And in June, we'll have some fleece of our own. We're working hard (especially Nate) on the fencing, pastures, and sheep-readiness. We found a breeder close enough with the kind of sheep we want too, called her, and reserved some lambs!



10 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

I love it! I hope mine looks half as good!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

It would make a beautiful man's sweater. I had to look up what "Cormo" meant and it is a type of sheep! I'm getting an education in fiber at teleknitter!

I love your warm wool contrasting with the last of the ice pics.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous cathy said...

You're getting your own sheep! Yay:)
The yarn looks great (as always)

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wonderful photos!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

YAYYYY SARAH SHEEPIES!!!
cant wait...
do I need to say it again?OK: LOVE your yarn!!!!!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

you've won my contest! email your postal address to knottygnome [at] gmail [dot] com

Sara

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

How exciting! A sheep of one's own! Talk about true handspun!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

hello... love the yarn and for the kimono how about a frog? I love frogs... close it with a frog!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger mikomiao said...

it's gorgeous. i hope mine turns out 1/4 that nice! :-)

/me debates sending more of the fleece for Sarah to spin so she can send it back to me all pretty. :-p

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home